I’ve seen too many sole traders and small businesses offer Telstra, Gmail, Hotmail email addresses in their advertising, signage and business cards with no obvious link to their own business. Even those with their own site have used these major companies.
Remarkably I’ve also witnessed websites that have no apparent way to contact the operator. Some cashed up potential customers might prefer to use an email, a contact form or comment section to initiate enquiry. If you offer a range of methods, they can choose. Give them easy access – to you and your business.
You can have an affordable, crisp one or two page site with your own email addresses. Your site will provide photos, some text describing your business, great reviews and a contact form or comment section. It will also offer a range of payment opportunities EFT, Paypal etc.
It’s easy, can be quick to set up with no further work required until you change a phone number, a photo or add a new service. I’m not able to do major changes but ongoing minor adjustments are included in my initial fee.
Your website will use the WordPress format which is revealing some major improvement very soon. WordPress offers themes that are very easy to navigate, work really well and present all the information you’ll ever need.
You can also use your new website and email address to promote yourself in all social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and so many more. All connected by one online presence. Just look at what your competitors are up to and join them.
I look forward to talking with you about what you’d like and setting you up to boost your connection with clients.
Handy Australian information, although I can create a site for you no matter where you are:
If you’ve an issue with your browser’s cookie settings click here
Some excellent advice from the Business Queensland;
Useful tips for creating a website:
- Think about what your customers want to know, not just what you want to tell them.
- Use professionals to help you. An unprofessional website can potentially put customers off.
- Update your website regularly, especially if you include information about your prices.
- Make sure your contact details are correct and easy for your customers to find.
- Promote your website in your marketing material and include it on your business cards.
- Find out how you can make your website easy for search engines, such as Google, to find.
- This is called search engine optimisation (SEO).
- So the only thing you need to do is choose a domain name and personalised email account names. Then you’re off and running, it’s promoting your business in any way you want.